
1. I have just moved to a house in Bridge Street.
– 翻译:我刚刚搬进了大桥街的一所房子。
– 重点词汇:move /muːv/ v. 搬家;bridge /brɪdʒ/ n. 桥
2. Yesterday a beggar knocked at my door.
– 翻译:昨天一个乞丐来敲我的门。
– 重点词汇:beggar /ˈbeɡə(r)/ n. 乞丐;knock /nɒk/ v. 敲
3. He asked me for a meal and a glass of beer.
– 翻译:他问我要一顿饭和一杯啤酒。
– 重点词汇:ask for 请求,要求;meal /miːl/ n. 一顿饭;beer /bɪə(r)/ n. 啤酒
4. In return for this, the beggar stood on his head and sang songs.
– 翻译:作为回报,那乞丐头顶地倒立起来,嘴里还唱着歌。
– 重点词汇:in return for 作为对……的回报;stand on one's head 倒立;sing /sɪŋ/ v. 唱
5. I gave him a meal.
– 翻译:我给了他一顿饭。
6. He ate the food and drank the beer.
– 翻译:他把食物吃完,又喝了酒。
– 重点词汇:eat /iːt/ v. 吃;drink /drɪŋk/ v. 喝
7. Then he put a piece of cheese in his pocket and went away.
– 翻译:然后把一块乳酪装进衣袋里走了。
– 重点词汇:put /pʊt/ v. 放;piece /piːs/ n. 一块;cheese /tʃiːz/ n. 乳酪;pocket /ˈpɒkɪt/ n. 衣服口袋;go away 离开
8. Later a neighbour told me about him.
– 翻译:后来,一位邻居告知了我他的情况。
– 重点词汇:neighbour /ˈneɪbə(r)/ n. 邻居;tell sb about sth 告知某人关于某事
9. Everybody knows him.
– 翻译:大家都认识他。
– 重点词汇:everybody /ˈevribɒdi/ pron. 每个人
10. His name is Percy Buttons.
– 翻译:他叫珀西·巴顿斯。
11. He calls at every house in the street once a month and always asks for a meal and a glass of beer.
– 翻译:他每月对这条街上的每户人家光顾一次,总是请求给他一顿饭和一杯啤酒。
– 重点词汇:call at 拜访某地;once a month 每月一次
一下👍